- PyAr (Python Argentina): https://www.python.org.ar/
- FOSS Community Argentina: http://www.fosscommunity.com.ar/
- LinuxChix Argentina: http://www.linuxchixar.org/
- GNOME Argentina: https://www.gnome.org.ar/
- Ubuntu Argentina: https://ubuntu-ar.org/
- Notable Technologists from Argentina
- Ada Lovelace (1815-1852): considered the first computer programmer for her work on Charles Babbage’s Analytical Engine.
- Claudio Sánchez (1965-2017): an Argentine software developer who created the first Spanish-language web browser.
- Santiago Siri (b. 1984): founder of Democracy.Earth, a blockchain-based platform for voting and governance.
- Lautaro Gruss (b. 1994): creator of LibreRouter, an open-source wireless mesh networking project.
- Belén Curcio (b. 1997): co-founder of Espacio de Arte y Tecnología, an organization that promotes the use of open-source software in the arts.
- Open-Source Tech Resources in Argentina
- OpenSource.com Argentina: https://opensource.com/tags/argentina
- PortalProgramas Argentina: https://argentina.portalprogramas.com/
- Creative Commons Argentina: https://creativecommons.org.ar/
- OpenTech Argentina: http://www.opentechargentina.org/
- Software Libre Argentina: https://www.sistemas-libres.org.ar/
By exploring these resources and learning from notable technologists from Argentina, you can gain a better understanding of the open-source tech scene in the country.
Claim this Dojo
Traveler Town: our in-house open-source chat app. One chat room per country (powered by Rocket.Chat (Included in every Dojo):
Next dojo: Armenia