- Open Source Armenia: A community-driven organization that promotes and supports the development of open-source software in Armenia. They organize events and provide resources for people interested in open-source technology. Their website is https://opensource.am/.
- FOSS Hack Armenia: An annual hackathon focused on open-source technology. The event brings together developers, designers, and entrepreneurs to collaborate and create new open-source projects. Their website is https://fosshack.am/.
- Armenian Software: An online platform for finding and sharing open-source software created by Armenian developers. Their website is https://armeniansoftware.com/.
Notable technologists from Armenia:
- Vahe Andonians: A computer engineer who is considered the “father” of the Armenian IT industry. He founded the first Armenian computer company, Armgoskom, in 1987 and is credited with introducing personal computers to Armenia.
- Karen Sargsyan: A software engineer and entrepreneur who co-founded PicsArt, a popular photo and video editing app. Sargsyan also founded Inapptics, a mobile app analytics platform.
- Aram Sargsyan: A computer scientist and researcher who has made significant contributions to the field of programming languages. He is known for developing the programming language C0, which is used in the Linux kernel.
- Gevorg Gasparyan: A software developer and open-source advocate who has contributed to several open-source projects, including the Linux kernel and the Apache web server. He is also a co-founder of OpenNet, a nonprofit organization that promotes the use of open-source software in Armenia.
I hope this information helps you explore the world of open-source tech in Armenia!
Claim this Dojo
Traveler Town: our in-house open-source chat app. One chat room per country (powered by Rocket.Chat (Included in every Dojo):
Next dojo: Australia