- Czech Linux Users Group: A community of Linux users in the Czech Republic that regularly hosts meetups and provides support for Linux users.
- OpenAlt: A non-profit organization that promotes open-source software, hardware, and culture in the Czech Republic through events and advocacy.
Open-source software development projects:
- Red Hat Czech: Red Hat is a global software company that has a strong presence in the Czech Republic, with a development center in Brno. They contribute to many open-source projects, including the Linux kernel and OpenStack.
- OpenMandriva: An open-source operating system developed by a team of international developers, including Czech contributors.
Events and conferences:
- Open Source Conference Prague: An annual event that brings together open-source enthusiasts, developers, and advocates to share knowledge and network.
- PyCon CZ: An annual conference for Python developers in the Czech Republic that includes talks, workshops, and networking opportunities.
Notable technologists from Czechia throughout history:
- Ivan Sutherland: A computer scientist and pioneer of computer graphics. He was born in Hastings, Nebraska, but spent much of his childhood in Czechoslovakia.
- Petr Koupy: A software engineer and entrepreneur who co-founded the open-source database company, MySQL.
- Marek Rosa: A video game developer and founder of Keen Software House, which has released several popular open-source games.
Claim this Dojo
Traveler Town: our in-house open-source chat app. One chat room per country (powered by Rocket.Chat (Included in every Dojo):
Next dojo: Democratic Republic of the Congo